This year's selection for Dr. Bill Huie's Best Picture is CODA, a coming-of-age film about the only hearing member of a deaf family, who struggles to balance her aspirations to become a singer with her responsibilities to help her family. CODA is nominated for the Academy award for Best Picture, and has already collected a variety of acting and writing awards.
The film will be introduced by Dr. Bill Huie, long-time film professor at TAMUCC. Plan to arrive early! The event is Wednesday, April 6, at the Alamo Drafthouse. A DJ will be spinning vinyl in the lounge starting at 6, and Dr. Huie will introduce the film at 7. Come ready to eat and drink!
Tickets are free, but seating is limited. Reserve a seat with a donation and get a credit on the big screen!
HOW TO DONATE & RESERVE SEATS FOR THE MOVIE
- Visit https://giving.tamucc.edu/
- In the "Select an Option" drop-down menu, choose "Other area of interest".
- Then, in the "Special Instructions" box type "COMM AND MEDIA WEEK". You don't need to add anything about the movie.
- Fill in the rest of the fields with your information.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting your donation amount and the number of seats you would like to reserve, as well as the "screen credit" you would like. Thank you!