· On Monday night, April 2, a public conversation on Women, Communication, and Leadership with TAMUCC President Kelly Quintanilla. UC Lonestar 142A, 7-9:30 pm. (OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS AND THE PUBLIC. REFRESHMENTS SERVED!)
· On Tuesday, April 3, a networking mixer for local communication & media professionals, our students, and alumni at House of Rock, 5-8 pm. (ALL COMM & MEDIA MAJORS AND LOCAL COMM & MEDIA PROFESSIONALS WELCOME! FREE PIZZA!)
· On Wednesday, April 4, keynote speaker Dr. Miranda Banks talks about current and past attempts to diversify the media industries. UC Oso Room 221, 3-4 pm. (OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS AND THE PUBLIC!)
· Also on Wednesday, April 4, a special film screening at the Alamo Drafthouse, hosted by Professor Emeritus Bill Huie, a TAMUCC institution and favorite of film students for many years. 7 -10 pm. (ADVANCED TICKETS AVAILABLE)
· On Thursday, April 5, Dr. Banks brings her game Room at the Top, a massively multiplayer card game about how we collaborate in creative environments, into the classroom. IH 163, 12:30-1:45 pm. (ALL COMM & MEDIA MAJORS WELCOME)
· On Friday, April 6, the San Antonio Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America will host a luncheon on campus and a discussion, Crisis Response and Recovery: Tips for Navigating Hurricanes and Other Company Disasters. UC Lone Star Ballroom A, 12:30 -1:30 pm. Open to the public, requires reservation.